Crowne Plaza inks youth career agreement
Amman, September 11, 2012
Crowne Plaza Amman has signed an agreement with Jordan River Foundation to implement the youth career initiative (YCI), as part of its corporate social responsibility strategy.
According to the agreement, Crowne Plaza Amman is committed to delivering a twenty-four-week training programme once a year to youngsters from deprived communities in Jordan who lack the resources to continue their education, but have completed high school, or equivalent level of education.
The programme will train them in different departments around Crowne Plaza Amman, such as housekeeping and kitchen; thus giving them the opportunity to find suitable jobs and become useful members of the workforce in the future, a statement from the hotel said.
Crowne Plaza Amman is firmly established as a business and leisure hotel. It offers 279 guest rooms and suites, and six restaurants and lounges among other facilities.
A complete business center is available to serve the needs of business travelers, as well as a spa managed by Thalgo Spa, in which a state-of-the-art gym and other services are available to relax and rejuvenate. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad announces new appointments
- Etihad expands India operations
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct