Turkish Airlines launches Sharm el Sheikh flights
Istanbul, October 9, 2012
Turkish Airlines, the country's national carrier, has added one of the world's most popular destinations for leisure travellers, Sharm El Sheikh (Egypt) into its network, with four weekly services.
The airline will be launching flights from its hub in Istanbul to Sharm el Sheikh on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays starting from today, said a statement from Turkish Airlines.
The introductory round trip tickets on the sector will be priced from 99 euros ($128.5), including taxes and fees, it stated.
The flight TK700 will take off from Istanbul airport at 2am and land in Sharm el Sheikh at 3.30am, while on return, flight TK701 will leave Sharm el Sheikh at 5.45am and arrive in its hub at 9.25am, the statement added.
A four-star airline with a fleet of 188 aircraft, Turkish Airlines boasts of the world's 5th largest flight network flying to 204 flight destinations in 90 countries.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Gulf airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar