Depe promotes Dubai events at London show
London, November 8, 2012
The Dubai Events and Promotions Establishment (Depe), an agency of the Department of Economic Development, highlighted upcoming events in the emirate at the ongoing World Travel Market (WTM) in London.
Depe’s participation at the event included several other Dubai government departments and hospitality sector representatives as part of Dubai stand hosted by Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) in Dubai.
Depe promoted the 18th edition of Dubai Shopping Festival, which will take place from January 3 to February 3, 2013, and also the Dubai Calendar, the official calendar of events in Dubai.
Annually, Depe organizes the Dubai Shopping Festival, Dubai Summer Surprises, ‘Eid in Dubai’, Modhesh World, and Ramadan in Dubai, and is also the developer of Dubai Calendar.
As the leading global event for the travel industry, the WTM was the ideal platform for creating awareness of DSF 2013, said a statement issued by Depe Media Centre.
It pointed out that Depe’s participation at WTM was both significant and timely given the fact that the DSF is an internationally acclaimed festival that will also be the first global event to get off the ground in Dubai’s calendar of events for 2013.
Dubai Calendar had launched a long-term marketing campaign at last year’s WTM and completed the task at the current WTM, the Media Centre statement added.
Depe’s participation at WTM also helped reinforce Dubai’s image as a leader in the field of international exhibitions, events, conventions and conferences. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Turkish Airlines adds 4 new destinations
- Moroccan tourism revenue up 6pc in Jan
- City Seasons backs European MICE event
- Dubai T2 expansion boosts flydubai growth
- Etihad to acquire Abu Dhabi airport services firms
- Jordan airport sees record passenger traffic
- Boeing delivers 777-300 jetliner to Saudia
- Kuwait Airways signs Airbus deal
- Atlantis, The Palm, seeks $850m loan
- Emirates, TUI India ink agent agreement