Air Asia denies India expansion report
Sepang, Malaysia, November 26, 2012
AirAsia has denied any plans to buy a stake in an Indian budget carrier as is being speculated in a section of the media.
AirAsia group chief executive officer Tan Sri Tony Fernandes said: “AirAsia rejects the speculation surrounding our possible expansion in India.
"These reports are completely incorrect. AirAsia has not submitted a bid for the Indian budget carrier, and has no intention of doing so,” he said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- GCC takes on the Caribbean in big cruise tourism war
- Etihad finace head wins top award
- Turkish Airlines boosts Africa network
- New Holiday Inn hotel opens in Mauritius
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley
- Air freight volumes to grow 17pc in 5 years
- DWC-Emaar in golf centre deal
- UAE group to open Seychelles resort