Air Asia denies India expansion report
Sepang, Malaysia, November 26, 2012
AirAsia has denied any plans to buy a stake in an Indian budget carrier as is being speculated in a section of the media.
AirAsia group chief executive officer Tan Sri Tony Fernandes said: “AirAsia rejects the speculation surrounding our possible expansion in India.
"These reports are completely incorrect. AirAsia has not submitted a bid for the Indian budget carrier, and has no intention of doing so,” he said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Turkish Airlines adds 4 new destinations
- Moroccan tourism revenue up 6pc in Jan
- City Seasons backs European MICE event
- Dubai T2 expansion boosts flydubai growth
- Etihad to acquire Abu Dhabi airport services firms
- Jordan airport sees record passenger traffic
- Boeing delivers 777-300 jetliner to Saudia
- Kuwait Airways signs Airbus deal
- Atlantis, The Palm, seeks $850m loan
- Emirates, TUI India ink agent agreement