Etihad appoints new Cyprus general manager
Abu Dhabi, February 12, 2013
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, has appointed Rashed Saif Al Shabi as its new general manager for Cyprus.
The appointment follows the recent announcement that its former general manager for Cyprus, John Evans, would take up the airline’s position of general manager for the Philippines.
Al Shabi has held several key positions in the UAE and abroad, a statement from the airline company said. Prior to joining Etihad Airways in July 2009 as business development manager, he held various management positions at the Dubai Islamic Bank.
In 2010, and in his role as business development manager, he relocated to Etihad Airways’ Amman office.
Al Shabi was appointed Etihad Airways’ general manager for the Seychelles in January 2011, establishing the station and holding both commercial and operational responsibilities. He was also instrumental in developing and implementing the airline’s partnership with Air Seychelles, in which the UAE flag carrier owns a 40 per cent stake.
Peter Baumgartner, chief commercial officer of Etihad Airways, said: “The Larnaca-Abu Dhabi route plays an important role in Etihad Airways' network and provides a vital trade, tourism and cultural link between the UAE, the GCC and Cyprus. Al Shabi has a proven track record within the industry and great passion for what he does.”
“We are looking forward to his leadership and commitment bringing even greater results to our operations in the Cyprus market.”
Etihad Airways commenced operations from Larnaca to Abu Dhabi in June 2009. The UAE flag carrier flies three times a week between the two cities, operating a two-cabin Airbus A320 aircraft. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn