Etihad set to switch to new system
Abu Dhabi, February 21, 2013
Etihad Airways will make its ‘Big Switch’ to new passenger sales, website, and check-in systems this weekend.
The airline has asked passengers to follow key guidelines between February 22 and 25 to help ensure any disruption to their travel experience is kept to a minimum.
It said all booking channels will be down from 11 pm on February 22 (Friday) and they are expected to resume during the day on February 24 (Sunday).
Customers travelling during that period have been advised to:
• Arrive at the airport four hours before the flight is due to depart
• Where possible check-in online from 24 hours before departure and print boarding pass beforehand and bring to the airport
• If unable to check-in online bring a copy of email confirmation and / or travel itinerary
During the “Big Switch” weekend customers can still call the Etihad Airways contact centres on +971 2 599 0000 but contact centre agents will be unable to take commercial or redemption bookings, make changes or cancellations or process upgrades, a statement said.
It said all booking channels will be down from 11 pm on February 22 (Friday) and they are expected to resume during the day on February 24 (Sunday), it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- GCC takes on the Caribbean in big cruise tourism war
- Etihad finace head wins top award
- Turkish Airlines boosts Africa network
- New Holiday Inn hotel opens in Mauritius
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley
- Air freight volumes to grow 17pc in 5 years
- DWC-Emaar in golf centre deal
- UAE group to open Seychelles resort