Dubai Airports names new CIO
Dubai, March 5, 2013
Dubai Airports has appointed John Segaert, a seasoned executive with a wealth of experience in airport and airline operations, as the new chief information officer.
Dubai Airports owns and manages the operation of both of the emirate's airports – Dubai International as well as Dubai World Central.
Segaert has been brought on board to lead the team that will drive innovative technological solutions needed to support Dubai Airports’ infrastructure expansion and service development strategies, said a statement from Dubai Airports.
“Information Communication Technology is central to the effective and smooth operation of any major airport, providing the crucial systems that drive everything from the flight display screens to baggage handling systems and the airport’s operations centre. John brings with him a depth of experience we believe will be key to putting in place the systems and infrastructure required by our rapid growth,” said CEO Paul Griffiths.
Segaert joins Dubai Airports from Air Canada where during a 26-year career he led various projects including the development and construction of the new Operations Centre.
As the general manager of Toronto Airport Operations, he oversaw the airline’s day-to-day operations and was responsible for all aspects of hub development for Canada’s largest international airport, said the statement.
Prior to managing the hub’s operations, he led strategic planning and programme delivery for moving Air Canada’s operations into the airport’s newly constructed terminal 1, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route