Scott Butcher and Sandrine Le Biavant
Dubai hotel wins top 'green' grade
Dubai, March 11, 2013
The Park Regis Kris Kin Hotel Dubai has been awarded international Green Globe Certification (GGC), following an in-depth sustainability audit conducted by Farnek Consulting, GGC’s exclusive partner in the Middle East.
The certification marks another milestone for the 390-room five-star property. “We are truly proud to receive this recognition that reinforces our commitment to the emirates’ transition towards a greener economy,” said Scott Butcher, general manager.
According to Sandrine Le Biavant, division manager, Farnek Consulting, the hotel demonstrated ‘top to bottom’ commitment to the certification process, with team members involved at all levels and across all departments.
Concerns regarding the substantial impact of tourism on the global environmental footprint are driving the hotel’s green commitment and Butcher stressed that as a major consumer of energy and water, the hospitality industry needs to take sustainability seriously. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc