Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
Zurich, May 22, 2013
SR Technics, part of the Abu Dhabi-based Mubadala Aerospace MRO network, is developing a brand new multi-layered cabin concept, which considers the lifestyles of the next generation of VIP aircraft owners.
The concept will show how the cabin experience can adapted to fit the client’s needs and style of living, said a statement from Zurich-based SR Technics, one of the largest independent providers of technical aircraft services in the world.
Playing with light, symmetry, and multi-functionality, combined with quality of life concepts, engineering solutions, and high-end production, the SR Technics VIP team will bring the cabin experience and completion solutions to new levels.
The concept, which will be applicable to both Boeing and Airbus Business Jets, will be officially rolled out in 2014.
It redefines the way we maintain and produce interiors; to higher quality standards but with a design concept that allows for easier maintenance, said a senior official.
“This is something we are taking very seriously, and we are investing a lot of time and effort into the project. Over 18 months of interior design, engineering and production research will form the foundation of our multi-layered concept,” remarked André Wall, the president at SR Technics.
“Be prepared for a whole new cabin experience. By introducing new space planning approaches, adjusting to and accommodating new lifestyles and bringing together new cabin solutions, we will redefine the art of travel. Our approach turns the cabin concept on its head, challenging today’s interior design and engineering approaches,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn