Etihad boosts Sao Paulo service to daily
Abu Dhabi, June 25, 2013
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), will increase its Abu Dhabi-Sao Paulo service from three flights per week to a daily schedule from August 1.
Etihad Airways launched flights to Sao Paulo, its first destination in South America, earlier this month.
The additional flights build on the success of the existing service, driven by the demand from business and leisure travellers and will strengthen the already strong ties between Brazil and the UAE.
The daily service will increase to 3,360 the number of seats per week between Abu Dhabi and Sao Paulo and significantly improve convenience in flying with Etihad Airways.
Guests travelling from Sao Paulo can connect to over 350 flights per week beyond Abu Dhabi to destinations across the Arabian Gulf, North Africa and the Levant, as well as further east in China, Japan and across Asia.
The airline will continue to operate ultra-long range Airbus A340-500 aircraft on the route, seating 240 passengers in a spacious three-class cabin – 12 in Diamond First Class, 28 in Pearl Business Class, and 200 in Coral Economy Class. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief