Etihad, Korean Air sign codeshare deal
Abu Dhabi, July 16, 2013
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, has signed a codeshare agreement with South Korea’s Korean Air.
The partnership will come into effect on July 22 subject to regulatory approval, said a statement. Korean Air will place its ‘KE’ code on Etihad Airways’ daily services between Seoul and Abu Dhabi.
Members of Etihad Airways’ Etihad Guest and Korean Air’s Skypass loyalty programmes will benefit from lounge access, priority check-in and excess baggage allowances, besides frequent flyer points on both the flights, it said.
Etihad Airways’ president and CEO James Hogan highlighted the rapid growth in travel, trade and investment between the UAE and Korea as drivers of the success Etihad has achieved since commencing flights to Seoul in late 2010.
“Demand for business and leisure travel between Korea and the UAE, Middle East and Africa, in particular, has grown many-fold over the past three years while trade between the UAE and Korea, which was valued at $20 billion in 2012, has also been rapidly expanding,” said Hogan.
“We envision that closer collaboration with Korean Air will foster continued bilateral growth in these areas,” Hogan added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog