Etihad appoints new Seychelles manager
Abu Dhabi, August 29, 2013
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, has appointed Salem Al Mesmari as its new airport manager in Seychelles.
Based in Mahé, Al Mesmari is responsible for overseeing the airline’s operations at Seychelles International Airport and the smooth operation of its three times a week service between the Seychelles and Abu Dhabi.
Al Mesmari, an Emirati national, joined the airline in 2008 under the Graduate Management Development Program, and spent two years working in various roles at the airline’s headquarters, and in operations at Abu Dhabi International Airport.
He also built up his experience of airport operations with postings to a number of outstations across the airline’s fast growing global network, including Casablanca, Almaty, Alexandria, Doha and Malé, in the Maldives.
Chris Youlten, vice president, Network Operations, said: “Salem has a strong understanding of airport operations which will serve Etihad Airways well in the Seychelles. His ability to perform consistently and to the highest standards expected by the airline across a truly diverse range of airports over the past two years ensures that Salem is ideally positioned for his new role as Airport Manager in Mahé.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc