Alshamel sets up regional HQ in Dubai
Kuwait, October 9, 2013
Alshamel Travel, a leading travel management company in the region, has opened its regional headquarters for corporate travel services and its partnership with Carlson Wagonlit Travel in Dubai.
The new unit will be headed by Rosanna Croft, as director of corporate travel services, in addition to her current role as Alshamel Travel’s military and government travel services director.
Amr Hussain has been appointed as head of commercial and program management, Stephen McGuire as head of operations and Rania Moustafa as business development manager, who will be part of the team in Dubai.
The unit will be supported by a supplier management unit, headed by Sanjiv Gandhi; an MICE services division, headed by Alaa Fouad; and a Regional Contact Center, headed by Charles Pinho.
Yousef Al-Essa, chairman, said: “This is a step in the right direction for Alshamel Travel and I am certain Rosanna and her team are up to the task of heading up our corporate travel division in addition to her current responsibilities. Dubai is an ideal location to centralise our operations, as it is a regional hub for many of our multi-national and global clients.
“As a CWT partner in Kuwait, UAE, Qatar, Oman and Bahrain, we share CWT’s commitment and dedication to delivering the very best travel management services to clients across the GCC.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall