Dubai heritage season begins
Dubai, October 13, 2013
The inaugural ‘Dubai Heritage & Touristic Season,’ aimed at bringing the city’s heritage to the forefront, has commenced with an extensive array of activities at Al Shindagah historical neighbourhood.
Marking the official activation of the emirate’s historically preserved heritage sites, under the ownership and management of Dubai Culture, the ‘Dubai Heritage & Touristic Season’ will run from October 2013 to April 2014, coinciding with the wealth of heritage events and activities that the authority hosts during the course of the year.
The emirate’s dedicated authority for culture, arts, and heritage, Dubai Culture will host a range of heritage and cultural events, to educate visitors and residents of the UAE’s traditions and customs, said a statement.
Saeed Al Nabouda, acting director general, Dubai Culture & Arts Authority, said: “The authority has established a task force to create a world-class heritage programme that touches upon all the social, economic, and commercial aspects of the UAE.
“The events will emphasise three critical elements of UAE’s heritage including coastal life, creek life, and mountain life, as well as the various lifestyles surrounding these areas. The first array of events under the ‘Dubai Heritage & Touristic Season,’ which will continue until April 2014, will shed light on the ancient history of Dubai, its evolution, and its rich heritage.” – TradeArabia News Service
Tags: touristic |
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013