Etihad announces new appointments
Abu Dhabi, December 9, 2013
UAE’s national airline Etihad Airways has announced genral new appointments within its commercial division.
The changes see Adam Phillips return to Abu Dhabi to take the position of VP (Commercial Strategy and Planning); Craig Thomas will move to Bangkok to replace Phillips as VP (Asia Pacific North and the Indian Subcontinent); and Alan Glover will shift from Dublin to Australia to replace Thomas as manager sales (Victoria).
Peter Baumgartner, chief commercial officer, said: “These are exciting moves within the commercial division and support the continued transformation of our business. Adam, Craig and Alan have been part of the Etihad family for several years and will bring this crucial knowledge of the business to their new roles.”
In his new role, Phillips will strive to develop and implement innovative sales and distribution strategies across the global commercial division, besides evolving the methods that Etihad uses to sell flights and increase ancillary revenue, said a statement from the UAE carrier.
Thomas will be responsible for sales in the markets of Bangladesh, Belarus, China, India, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Russia, Sri Lanka, and Thailand. He will report directly to Abu Dhabi-based, VP Global Sales, Danny Barranger.
Glover will report to Luisa Pastrello, country manager Australia, and look after sales in Melbourne and across the state of Victoria, besides the neighbouring states of South Australia and Tasmania. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall