Direct Russia flights 'will develop trade' with Bahrain
Manama, January 22, 2014
A top diplomat hopes introducing direct flights between Moscow and Manama would mean Russian entrepreneurs can take part in Bahrain's Autumn Fair.
Russian Ambassador Victor Smirnov aims to increase bilateral relations between the two countries to pave way for trade in Bahrain, said a report in the Gulf Daily News (GDN), our sister publication.
He was speaking to the GDN on the sidelines of the 25th Autumn Fair, which opened yesterday.
"We need to invite Russian producers here," he said.
"This fair is something special, that's why I'm here even though there aren't any Russian exhibitors.
"It's a great event to visit for entertainment, not just the market," Mr Smirnov said.
"We need to form connections.
"It's very important, personal contacts are the main factor in such events.
"When we don't have a direct flight between Moscow and Bahrain, how can you bring all the beautiful things that we have in Russia?"
Smirnov said he was working towards bringing traders to Bahrain, but needed support and co-operation.
"I need the Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and the Industry and Commerce Ministry to interact with their Russian counterparts," he said.
"That's my main target.We have a lot of special food that Bahrainis don't know about that could be interesting.
"A lot of special clothes as well, great factories that produce beautiful materials, as well as all kinds of art products, toys and games, which are absolutely new and Bahrainis aren't familiar with." - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Abu Dhabi MICE sector ‘growth to continue’
- Etihad appoints senior VP sales
- Air Arabia to distribute 7.25pc cash dividends
- Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan opens
- Top firms plan Dubai World Central move
- Ferrari Land theme park to open in Spain
- Hilton to open 125-room hotel in Saudi
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog