Etihad plans codeshare with New York carrier
Abu Dhabi, New York, January 22, 2014
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, and New York-based JetBlue Airways have announced plans to begin codeshare operations and provide customers with enhanced travel options worldwide.
The agreement, which is subject to government approval, will see Etihad Airways place its EY code on JetBlue-operated flights, initially facilitating connections between the two airlines at New York’s John F Kennedy International Airport (JFK) and Washington’s Dulles International Airport (IAD).
In the first stage of the partnership, Etihad Airways will codeshare on 40 JetBlue routes within the US. Further codeshare services are planned on JetBlue flights once Etihad Airways commences daily flights to Los Angeles from June 2014.
Etihad Airways also plans to codeshare on JetBlue flights between New York and select destinations in the Dominican Republic, Jamaica and Colombia.
“Like JetBlue, Etihad Airways has quickly established itself as a premier brand built on excellent service and a high-quality product,” said Robin Hayes, JetBlue’s president. “We look forward to partnering more closely with the airline and affording our customers access to some of the world’s most fascinating destinations.”
James Hogan, Etihad Airways’ president and chief executive officer, said: “The US is a major and growing market for Etihad Airways and this partnership with JetBlue will enable us to offer our guests more options for travel within and beyond the US.
“In addition to New York and Washington, we also fly daily to Chicago. Just last week, we also announced a second daily flight between our hub, Abu Dhabi, and New York City, and we will start flights to Los Angeles and Dallas-Fort Worth in June and December this year.”
From its US gateways of Chicago, New York and Washington DC Etihad Airways offers connections through its Abu Dhabi hub to dozens of destinations across the Middle East, Africa, the Indian Sub-Continent, Asia and Australia. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home