Du offers customised car as prize
Dubai, December 5, 2007
Du, the new telecom operator in the UAE, has rolled out an exclusive nationwide draw for its existing and new customers.
The campaign, part of an ongoing celebrations to mark its one million mobile customers, gives du mobile users the opportunity to win an exclusive, one of its kind custom-built Ford Mustang, customised by West Coast Customs (WCC), the international leaders in automobile remodelling.
The campaign marks du’s remarkable milestone of achieving one million customers in a record nine months, since starting operations in February 2007.
The specially customised ‘du Ryder’ will boast an 80 GB hard-drive with seven-inch touch screen, DVD player/burner, external USB port, and Bluetooth phone connectivity, said a du spokesman.
Equipped with next generation embedded technology, the car includes a wireless hotspot, enabling web access and instant wireless connection within a 500 feet area. Sling-box enabled, the system automatically logs on to access all video programming, making it possible to watch Showtime, Orbit or MBC live in the car.
With an additional built-in 20-inch LCD monitor, users will be able to watch television, while stationary. The car will also feature two additional built in sound systems, promising a truly exciting entertainment experience.
Anyone who uses the du mobile lines during the period of December 4 to February 15, 2008, is automatically entered into the draw. The number of chances to win goes up with each successive call, SMS or content download from MyWorld, the du web portal that is available on all du SIM cards.
The lucky winner will be presented with the customised Ford Mustang at du’s first anniversary gala ceremony on February 25, 2008.
Customers can acquire points by simply using the du line for Monthly Plan customers, recharging their mobile lines for Pay as you Go lines, Mobile TV subscriptions, Caller tunes subscriptions and content download from MyWorld.
“We constantly underscore our commitment to offer customers unlimited value, innovation and entertainment by presenting them with distinctive experiences that add life to life. We are very grateful for the trust placed in us by our customers, which has enabled us to reach the one million mobile customer mark in record time and would like to thank them through this unique draw which offers them a very exclusive opportunity to get a one of its kind customized car,” said CEO, du, Osman Sultan.- TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services