Wataniya launches Egypt tourism initiative
Kuwait, March 6, 2011
Wataniya Airways, Kuwait’s leading airline, in cooperation with the Egyptian Embassy in Kuwait and travel agents, has launched a tourism initiative called ‘We Love Egypt’ to encourage tourism to Egypt following the revolution on January 25.
The initiative was launched with a special visit by tourists flying with the airline from Kuwait to Sharm El Sheikh and Cairo.
“This initiative is to support the tourism industry in Egypt and help it return to normal, especially in key tourism areas such as Sharm El Sheikh and Cairo. Egypt always attracted many visitors from Kuwait and it is now open and ready to welcome them again,” said Jassim Al Qames, Wataniya Airways’ head of Public Relations.
“We are already seeing an increase in the number of tourists and visitors from Kuwait and other countries. It is known that the majority of tourists visiting Egypt are from Europe, and the number of European tourists is currently starting to return to where it was before the revolution.”
Several Kuwaiti families and members of the Kuwaiti Diving team, who will diving in one of the best diving sites in the world in the Egyptian resort of Sharm El Sheikh, were onboard the flight. After spending some time in Sharm El Sheikh, the group will visit Cairo in order to enjoy the antiquities and unique cultural heritage and hospitality the city has to offer visitors.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief