Marriott to open 50 new hotels by 2015
New York, June 7, 2011
Hotel operator Marriott International said it plans to open 50 new locations for its signature chain, focusing on emerging tourism and business travel destinations such as China and Russia.
Marriott said the Marriott Hotels and Resorts locations to open in the next four years will include a 295-room hotel in Shanghai and a 364-room location in Jaipur, India.
Of the 50 planned hotels, 24 will be in Asia. Other emerging markets that will get hotels include Rwanda, Thailand, Algeria and Vietnam.
Six of the new hotels will be in the United States, including locations in Milwaukee and Washington, DC.-Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Middle East Hotel Awards held
- Pacific World announces UAE, Oman launch
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Emirates to increase flights to Colombo
- Etihad Airways appoints new GM
- Oman Air to buy three A330 planes
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- British Airways celebrates Jordan return
- Egypt tourist arrivals jump 11.8pc
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced