Marriott to open 50 new hotels by 2015
New York, June 7, 2011
Hotel operator Marriott International said it plans to open 50 new locations for its signature chain, focusing on emerging tourism and business travel destinations such as China and Russia.
Marriott said the Marriott Hotels and Resorts locations to open in the next four years will include a 295-room hotel in Shanghai and a 364-room location in Jaipur, India.
Of the 50 planned hotels, 24 will be in Asia. Other emerging markets that will get hotels include Rwanda, Thailand, Algeria and Vietnam.
Six of the new hotels will be in the United States, including locations in Milwaukee and Washington, DC.-Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Double delivery takes Emirates A380 fleet to 44
- Boeing wins $7bn Cathay Pacific order
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction