Abu Dhabi plans tourism promotion in Saudi
Abu Dhabi, April 14, 2013
Abu Dhabi’s tourism industry is planning a week-long promotion of the destination and its expanding offering in Saudi Arabia later this month.
The destination sales blitz begins at the Riyadh Travel Fair – the kingdom’s leading tourism trade show, which runs at the Four Seasons Hotel – Kingdom Tower in the Saudi capital from April 23-26. The Abu Dhabi delegation will then move on to road show presentations to the Saudi travel trade in Riyadh, Dammam and Jeddah.
The promotion, organised by Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi), is being supported by a range of industry stakeholders including hotels and resorts, Etihad Airways, headline attractions and a unique integrated wellness facility on Saadiyat Island.
“We have superb airlift from Saudi Arabia to Abu Dhabi with three providers – Etihad Airways, Saudi Arabian Airlines and Nasair – now servicing a combined total of 68 scheduled non-stop flights a week from the kingdom,” said Mubarak Al Nuami, director, promotions and overseas offices, TCA Abu Dhabi.
“This give us huge potential to attract Saudi visitors to our emirate where we believe our product mix will meet their specific needs – one of our main focuses now is to make this target audience fully aware of the fact that there is now so much more to see and do in Abu Dhabi and to persuade them to stay with us longer than they currently do on average.”
Saudi Arabia is currently Abu Dhabi’s sixth largest overseas source market for hotel guests. In the first two months of this year some 12,322 Saudis stayed in the emirate’s 141 hotels and hotel apartments and delivered 27,256 guest nights. They stayed, on average, 2.25 nights.
“The average-length-of-stay of our Saudi guests is short – although it has been showing signs of increasing lately,” said Al Nuaimi. “Yet the destination’s offering has grown significantly so it is just a question of getting the news out to stimulate demand,” said Mubarak Al Shamisi, country manager Saudi Arabia, TCA Abu Dhabi. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard