Wyndham launches Super 8 brand in Turkey
Istanbul, June 2, 2013
US-based Wyndham Hotel Group, a global hotel company with 7,380 hotels, has announced the signing of an exclusive development agreement with İlbak Turizm İşletmeleri Ve Yatirim for 20 Super 8 hotels in Turkey over the next 10 years.
The fourth Wyndham Hotel Group brand to launch in Turkey since 2007, the Super 8 brand aims to meet the growing demand for comfortable, quality accommodation at affordable prices.
With over 2,300 properties throughout the US, Canada and China, the brand has more hotels than any other economy hotel chain in the world.
“Just six months ago, we successfully introduced our upscale Wyndham Hotels and Resorts and TRYP by Wyndham brands to the Turkish market, building on the existing strength of the Ramada brand in the country,” noted Eric Danziger, Wyndham Hotel Group president and chief executive officer.
“To now launch our Super 8 brand is extremely exciting as it truly enables us to offer a solution to each and every guest in the market, regardless of budget or travel purpose,” he observed.
The Super 8 is the second hotel deal the two groups have struck. In December last year, Fokus İnşaat Ve Turizm Sanayi Ve Ticaret, a company from the same group as İlbak Turizm İşletmeleri Ve Yatirim, opened the 309-room Ramada Plaza Istanbul Tekstilkent, one of eight new Ramada openings in Turkey in 2012.
“We are delighted to strengthen our existing relationship with Wyndham through this significant project and work together to introduce the Super 8 brand to Turkey,” said its chairman Mustafa Ilbak.
“We firmly believe that there will be strong demand for the Super 8 product with its clean, contemporary design and affordable pricing - we are already evaluating potential sites for the first hotel which we anticipate will open in Istanbul in 2014,” he added.
The introduction of the brand to Turkey falls on the heels of similar announcements to launch Super 8 in Germany, Poland and Saudi Arabia. Across the four countries, a total of 60 hotels are planned over the next 10 years.
All of the hotels will participate in Wyndham Hotel Group’s free-to-join guest loyalty programme Wyndham Rewards, which currently has more than seven million active members throughout 50 countries. Members of the programme can earn points for stays, redeemable for hundreds of rewards options.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan